Spine surgery is nothing less than a boon for people suffering from spinal problems. In today’s working era, where everyone has to sit and work, they face many problems. These include spinal issues such as back pain, cervicitis, uneven spine structure, etc. As a matter of fact, we have now opted for a very unhealthy lifestyle, due to which it is very common that we have to face these issues.
The overuse of smartphones, smart televisions, laptops, computers, washing machines, and many other electronic devices has lessened our physical activity to almost zero. Even after that, we want to start physical activity, but our body doesn’t support us because our body is already fighting harrowing battles like back pain, etc.
In this case, a solution to this problem is necessary that can increase the efficiency of work and effectiveness in life. The panacea for these problems is spine surgery. Since most people do not have complete knowledge about spinal surgery, they cannot get this surgery done. They generally accept this problem as a regular pain. But spine surgery is the finest solution to cure these issues. It is also essential to choose the best spine surgeons in India for the treatment.
What is Spine Surgery?
Due to some accidents or following an unhealthy lifestyle, people have a lot of back pain. Sometimes, their spine structure also becomes uneven. During all this, spine surgery is recommended to correct spinal pathologies to treat the patient’s pain or unstable structure.
In other words, spine surgery or spine operation refers to surgery that removes the spine’s problems. Spine surgery is mainly recommended when other treatment methods, like medicine, exercise, etc., do not provide relief. The surgery will relieve you from pain and cure numbness associated with pain.
What are the Types of Spine Surgery?
To get rid of spine problems, spine surgery can be done by various methods. These methods generally depend on what exactly the problem is, how severe the pain is, and the patient’s age.
The most common types of spine surgery are:
- Discectomy surgery: The surgery refers to a procedure in which the abnormal disc causing pressure on the spinal cord is removed.
- Laminectomy: This orthopedic neurosurgical procedure is performed to create space by removing a small section of the back called the lamina. Laminectomy surgery mainly opts to enlarge the spinal canal to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves.
- Spinal Fusion: The procedure to solve the problem related to the small bone of the spine is called spinal fusion.
What is the Cost of Spine Surgery in India?
While choosing the option of spine surgery, keeping an eye on the spine surgery cost in India is also necessary. Mainly, the spine surgery cost in India ranges from Rs. 133200 to 532800.
However, the amount can vary depending on your condition and what actual issue you are facing. Also, the cost of spine surgery depends on what treatment for surgery is suitable as per the condition.
Is Spinal Surgery Dangerous?
It all depends on the context and background of the problem. The simple answer to the question is no. All surgical procedures carry some type of risk. Similarly, any spine surgery carries some degree of risk. By its nature, the fear of spinal surgery makes people feel it has a higher potential for problems than other surgical procedures.
This fear is amplified as spinal surgery is performed around the spinal cord and sensitive areas of the spinal cord. Catastrophic complications such as paralysis are infrequent and can occur due to an unintentional accident or unforeseen circumstances.
No procedure does not carry the risk of complications. According to studies, the mortality rate of these procedures is relatively low. According to one study, the mortality rate among 803,949 patients who underwent lumbar spine surgery was reported to be 0.13%. It is also rare for complications to arise in spinal surgery. The risks involved in back surgery can be assessed based on your general health issues and the type of surgery you are having.
Who are the Best Spine Surgeons in India?
Looking for the finest spine surgeons in India for treatment is imperative. Every year, the prosperous country of India produces multiple good surgeons and doctors. So choosing the best spine surgeons in India is not easy because of so much data being there online.
However, the following is the list of the top 5 spine surgeons in India who are known and praised multiple times for their commendable work.
The Top 5 Best Spine Surgeons in India are as follows:
Dr. Vijay Sankaran
- Dr. Vijay Sankaran is considered one of the finest spine surgeons in India, working for the last 26 years to serve their patients at his best.
- He holds immense expertise in all kinds of spine surgeries, including artificial disc replacements, endoscopic spine surgery, stereotactic neurosurgery, neuronavigation systems, and minimally invasive spinal surgery.
- He has been awarded and recognized multiple times for his commendable work.
Dr. Aditya Gupta
- Dr. Aditya Gupta has been working for 25 years in neurosurgery.
- Dr. Aditya is a gifted neurosurgeon because he has exceptional and unique skills in handling patients with movement disorders with Surgery for Epilepsy, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), and Nerve and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- He is an excellent neurosurgeon with great surgical techniques for many brain tumors.
Dr. Umesh Srikanth
- Serving patients for over a decade, Dr. Umesh Srikanth specializes in complex spine surgeries, Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, and Neuro-Oncology.
- He has immense expertise in minimally invasive spine surgery, Endoscopic Spine surgery, etc.
- He has been training on conducting cadaveric hands. Through his courses, he has trained more than 100 surgeons nationwide in minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Abhaya Kumar
- An experienced spine surgeon and neurosurgeon, Dr. Abhaya Kumar’s special interest lies in Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery, Trigeminal Neuralgia Surgery, Stereotactic Radiosurgery, and Paediatric Neurosurgery.
- He is a phenomenal neurosurgeon in Mumbai and also holds expertise in brain tumor surgery.
- He has handled over 5000 surgeries, of which 2000+ were spine surgeries, and the rest were brain surgery cases.
These outstanding doctors and the best spine surgeons in India are known worldwide for their commendable service in the medical sector. Their success rate of surgeries is high, and their compassion towards patients has been praised a lot. These commendable surgeons literally made India proud because of their never-ending outstanding work. Today India has become the hub for surgeries and other medical treatments where patients from almost all countries visit for their treatment. If you or your loved ones also need spine surgery treatment or any other too, consider India in the first place.